This merely seasoned rice recipe that has nice taste and pairs with virtually any meal!
This foolproof recipe ensures each grain is infused with plenty of savory taste, it’s so a lot better than packaged rice and doesn’t take for much longer!
An Simple Rice Facet Dish
I’d must say rice is one in all my favourite facet dishes, no matter the way it’s ready. We particularly love this rice recipe as a result of it’s versatile and this fundamental recipe pairs effectively with virtually any delicacies and even simply grilled meats or baked chicken.
- Rice is a budget-friendly facet dish, excellent for a giant household or to feed a crowd.
- It makes use of a handful of substances you doubtless have available.
- We love that we all know precisely what’s on this selfmade model and might management the substances.
- Selfmade seasoned rice is so versatile. Persist with this simple recipe or make your personal creation!
Substances & Variations
RICE: One cup of raw white rice will yield 3 cups of cooked. Brown rice, wild rice, basmati, or jasmine rice will all work on this recipe, cooking time and liquid might must be altered.
SEASONINGS: Rice absorbs the flavors of something it’s cooked with and the recipe under consists of our favourite rice seasoning! A little bit of soy sauce provides salt whereas Worcestershire provides nice taste.
Experiment outdoors the field and take a look at homemade lemon pepper seasoning, Greek seasoning, or add in recent herbs proper earlier than serving! Attempt garlic powder, paprika, thyme or oregano. Stir in finely chopped greens like celery, carrots or bell pepper for added colour and taste.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with sauces and dressings, both!
The right way to Season Rice
Seasoned rice tastes greatest when the seasoning is cooked into the grains as an alternative of blended with them.
- Prepare dinner the rice in a little bit little bit of butter till barely browned. Add onion & garlic, cook dinner till softened.
- Add remaining substances, cowl, & cook dinner (per recipe under).
- Take away from warmth & let rice relaxation for about 5 minutes.
As soon as the rice has cooked and rested, gently fluff up the grains with a fork. Season with extra salt & pepper to style.
Ideas for Completely Seasoned Rice
- Evenly browning the rice earlier than cooking provides taste (and in addition helps preserve the grains separated).
- Preserve the lid on the rice whereas the rice is simmering and resting to maintain the steam in (this helps it to cook dinner and avoids it getting sticky).
- The recipe under is for lengthy grain white rice. In the event you use a distinct number of rice, cooking time (and the liquid ratio) might change. In the event you’re unsure, examine the bundle of rice for this info.
- Double the batch and freeze half for a ready-to-eat facet dish when time is tight!
- Preserve leftover rice in an hermetic container within the fridge or retailer within the freezer.
Extra Rice Favorites
Did your loved ones love this Seasoned Rice? Make sure to go away a ranking and a remark under!
With savory taste in each chunk, this Seasoned Rice is a straightforward go-to recipe the entire household will love!
Place rice and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan with a lid. Warmth over medium excessive warmth till the rice begins to barely brown.
Add onion and garlic, cook dinner 2-3 minutes or till barely softened.
Add remaining substances (besides butter) and stir. Carry to a boil over medium-high warmth, cowl, and cut back warmth to a simmer.
Prepare dinner 20 minutes, don’t open the lid.
Take away from the warmth (with out opening the lid) and let relaxation 5 minutes.
Open the lid, add the remaining butter, and stir. Fluff with a fork, style, and season with extra salt & pepper if desired.
Don’t open the lid to ‘peek’ or the rice will not steam correctly.
If desired, add extra recent herbs, diced bell pepper, or fried mushrooms.
The seasonings can be utilized with any type of rice, the ratio of rice to liquid and the cooking time might must be adjusted.
Energy: 121, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 6g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 2g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 1004mg, Potassium: 89mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 179IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg
(Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.)
Course Facet Dish