For those who’re on the lookout for one thing refreshing to sip in the course of the summer time, don’t miss this Hugo Cocktail! With hints of floral and citrus, this bubbly Italian spritz cocktail comes along with simply 5 elements.
An Straightforward Spritz Cocktail
This Hugo Cocktail is likely to be my new summer time cocktail of selection. It’s gentle and refreshing, with hints of floral, citrus and mint. It’s a kind of drinks you wish to sip slowly however are additionally able to drink one other one as quickly as the primary is completed.
Whereas I really like my margaritas and sangrias in the summertime as a lot as anybody else, there are simply days once I need one thing a little bit totally different. One thing not fairly as robust as a margarita or as fruity as sangria. That’s the place this Hugo Cocktail is available in. It’s as straightforward (or simpler) to make as most different cocktails however the taste is surprising and the right factor to chill you down on a scorching summer time day.
As all good summer time cocktails ought to be, this Hugo Cocktail is simple to make (simply 5 elements) and comes collectively in 3 minutes or much less! You gained’t must take an extended break from the pool to make one among these.
What’s a Hugo Cocktail?
The Hugo Cocktail is a comparatively new drink, stated to be invented in 2005 by Roland Gruber in Northern Italy, as an alternative choice to the Aperol spritz. Much like the drink that impressed it, the Hugo Cocktail is a spritz cocktail made with Prosecco, elderberry syrup or liqueur, and glowing water.
It’s gentle and refreshing with a floral style. When you strive it, you’ll perceive why this drink shortly turned a favourite all through Europe in the summertime months!
What You’ll Want
This straightforward Hugo Cocktail is made with simply 5 elements! I like to recommend preserving extras readily available as I can by no means drink simply one among these!
- Elderflower syrup – I exploit St. Germain elderflower liqueur as a substitute of syrup, because it’s simpler to search out right here.
- Prosecco – This Italian glowing wine is the normal ingredient however you possibly can substitute one other dry glowing wine of your selection.
- Glowing water – It’s also possible to use seltzer however keep away from membership soda.
- Mint leaves – Muddling the mint provides a pop of cooling taste to the cocktail.
- Lime – Provides only a trace of citrus to the floral cocktail.
Store This Recipe
The way to Make a Hugo Cocktail
It takes simply 2 steps and three minutes to make this gentle, refreshing summer time drink!
- Muddle the mint. Add ice, lime and mint to a big wine glass. Muddle the mint to launch the oils and create a minty aroma.
- Add the bubbles and serve. Add the elderflower liqueur and Prosecco, then high with glowing water. Gently stir and serve.
Suggestions for Success
It took a handful of variations to search out the right mixture of elements for the most effective Hugo Cocktail. Right here are some things to bear in mind, that I realized alongside the way in which.
- Use a dry glowing wine. Prosecco is the best choice right here, because it’s the one historically used within the cocktail. Nevertheless, you possibly can substitute it for one more glowing wine. You simply wish to be certain the label says “Brut” (dry) otherwise you’ll find yourself with a wholly totally different taste.
- Don’t substitute membership soda. Glowing water and seltzer are nearly the identical factor however membership soda will not be. Sure, it’s going to add extra bubbles to your cocktail – however it’s going to additionally change the flavour.
- Muddle the mint. It solely takes just a few seconds however it actually elevates the flavour of this cocktail. I attempted to skip it and the 30 seconds it saved was not price it!
This lovely spritz cocktail is often served earlier than dinner and meant to be sipped, although if I’m being trustworthy I get pleasure from it at any time of the day. Because it’s so gentle and refreshing, it’s good for sipping by the pool or on the patio within the afternoons.
I serve my Hugo Cocktails in a wine glass with further lime and mint for garnish.
Can I Make This Forward?
This isn’t a cocktail you wish to make upfront, as you need it to be good and bubbly whenever you sip it. Fortunately, it comes collectively in just some minutes with little effort!
If you wish to save your self a while, you possibly can slice the limes forward of time and separate the mint leaves.
Extra Straightforward Cocktail Recipes:
For those who’re on the lookout for one thing totally different to sip this summer time, don’t miss this Hugo Cocktail! With hints of floral and citrus, this bubbly Italian spritz cocktail comes along with simply 5 elements.
- 1 tablespoon elderflower syrup (St. Germain)
- 4 oz. Prosecco
- 1–2 tablespoons glowing water
- 3–4 mint leaves
- 2 slices of lime
- To a big wine glass add ice, lime slices and mint. Muddle a little bit bit to launch the aroma from the mint.
- Add elderflower liquor, Prosecco and high with glowing water.
- Gently stir and serve.
Key phrases: hugo spritz, hugo spritz recipe, hugo prosecco, hugo cocktail
For This Recipe