Baked Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – loaded with nutritious oats and naturally sweetened with bananas and maple. These baked oatmeal bars makes a scrumptious wholesome breakfast, snack or dessert.
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Y’all I’m at all times on the hunt for one thing fast to make with leftover bananas. I imply my banana bread and chocolate banana muffins are nice and all. However typically I simply want one thing totally different. These Baked Oatmeal Bars are wholesome, tremendous straightforward to make and flipping addicting. My youngsters whip them up on their very own.
Stuffed with banana taste, loaded with excessive fiber oatmeal and delicate hints of melted chocolate. We eat them for breakfast, as an after college snack and typically even dessert. I prefer to sneak a tablespoon of peanut butter on it! YUM! These bars are significantly killer! Don’t miss out, make these this week!
Components you’ll want for these Bars:
What’s nice about these bars is you probably have already got all of the substances you want in your pantry. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Bananas – Seize all these overripe bananas sitting in your counter and mash them proper up.
- Oats – I like to purchase Bobs Crimson Mill Gluten Free Oats. Use the rolls oats, not the short oats.
- Flour – There are a pair choices right here. I personally use King Arthur 1:1 gluten free baking flour. Nonetheless, you might additionally use all objective or entire wheat flour if you happen to’d like. I’ve additionally blended up oats and made my very own oat flour to make use of on this recipe as nicely.
- Spices – For these bars you’ll want floor cinnamon, nutmeg and naturally salt.
- Leavening Brokers – You’ll want baking powder and baking soda to assist these infants rise.
- Maple Syrup – These is your sweetener, go for the pure maple NOT the butter flavored. (wink)
- Applesauce – Use the unsweetened plain applesauce, no cinnamon added.
- Vanilla Extract – For the slight trace of vanilla
- Chocolate Chips – I like to make use of a combination of huge chunks, common chocolate chips and mini. At all times darkish chocolate although.
Make Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Consider these chocolate chip bars extra like a breakfast bar than a cookie. The feel has extra of an oatmeal chew to it with hints of banana bread taste after which after all the gooey melted chocolate. You’re going to find it irresistible. Right here’s easy methods to make these baked oatmeal bars:
- Prep Oven & Pan: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and canopy with parchment paper. It will allow you to take away the bars extra simply later. You’re welcome.
- Dry Components: To a medium bowl, add oats, gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Combine collectively and put aside.
- Moist Components: To a big bowl, add finely mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Whisk collectively till mixed.
- Mix Moist & Dry: Slowly add the moist substances to dry substances. Utilizing a spatula, combine collectively till mixed.
- Convey on the Chocolate: Subsequent, add chocolate to the oatmeal batter. Fold within the chocolate chunks till blended.
- Bake: Add oatmeal combination to the ready 9″x 9″ baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till high is golden brown and toothpick check comes out clear. Let cool after which dive in.
retailer chocolate chip oatmeal bars
I prefer to retailer these banana bread oatmeal bars in a ziplock bag on the counter at room temperature. Nonetheless, they last more if saved within the fridge. I simply discover that they go exhausting when they’re saved within the fridge.
How lengthy do these bars final?
If saved on the counter these bars will last as long as 3 days. When saved within the fridge they need to last as long as 5-6 days.
Store This Recipe
Can they be frozen?
Sure, you’ll be able to undoubtedly freeze these bars. I’d suggest permitting the bars to chill utterly. Reduce into bars freeze on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 1 hour. As soon as frozen, place in a freezer protected storage bag or container. These bars will maintain as much as 3 months.
Extra Breakfast Recipes you’ll love:
Baked Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – loaded with nutritious oats and naturally sweetened with bananas and maple. These baked oatmeal bars make a scrumptious wholesome breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and canopy with parchment paper. (this can allow you to take away the bars extra simply later)
- To a medium bowl, add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- To a big bowl, add finely mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Whisk collectively till mixed.
- Slowly add the moist substances to dry substances. Fold within the chocolate chunks.
- Add oatmeal combination to ready 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till high is golden brown and toothpick check comes out clear.
- Serving Measurement: 1 bar
- Energy: 125
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fats: 3 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0 g
Key phrases: oatmeal bars, wholesome oat bars, chocolate chip oatmeal bars, baked oatmeal