This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a straightforward summer season salad recipe loaded with candy corn, crisp veggies, chili warmth and zesty, creamy dressing. Completed off with the beneficiant crunch of tacky, spicy Fritos! Brace your style buds for a taste bomb of epic proportions.
Tremendous Easy Corn Salad Recipe
We’re large followers of Southwestern flavors in my home. From Spicy Chipotle Lime Chicken Soup, to Skillet Frachos, there’s by no means a boring second. And are available summertime when the climate is heat, no Mexican evening or cookout is full with out this straightforward and spicy Frito corn salad.
I say easy, but the flavors of this summer season corn salad are simply out-of-this-world yum. Should you love Tex Mex recipes, and straightforward salads, then you definitely’re gonna love this creamy Southwest-style salad topped with crunchy spicy Fritos simply as a lot as I do.
This corn salad recipe is a definitive taste bomb that you would be able to serve subsequent to tacos, as a BBQ aspect, or all by itself for a contemporary and lightweight weekday meal.
What You’ll Want
Okay, okay. The checklist may look a bit lengthy, however I promise the substances for this Mexican corn salad are tremendous straightforward to return by! And the flavour payoff is subsequent stage. Right here’s the overview of what you’ll want (confer with the recipe card for detailed quantities):
- Corn: I take advantage of canned corn for comfort. Don’t overlook to empty it!
- Tomatoes: Ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced.
- Roasted Purple Peppers: I like the depth of taste that comes from roasting the peppers beforehand.
- Inexperienced Bell Peppers: For his or her crisp texture and juicy taste.
- Jalapeños: In true Southwestern fashion, I embody diced jalapeños for a pleasant kick.
- Purple Onion: Diced. You may additionally use one other number of onion, like white or yellow.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro: Recent chopped cilantro. You’ll be able to substitute one other herb like basil or parsley, if cilantro isn’t your cup of tea.
- Adobo Sauce: I take advantage of the sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo. Use any leftover chilies and sauce for Slow Cooker Taco Truck Chili!
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Mayonnaise: Provides creaminess and taste to the dressing. You may also sub in Miracle Whip, bitter cream, or ranch dressing if you happen to want.
- Cotija Cheese: I toss crumbled cotija cheese within the salad, with further for garnish. You’ll be able to
- Chili Cheese Fritos: Coarsely crushed.
Can I Use Recent Corn?
You’ll be able to undoubtedly use contemporary corn instead of canned corn on this recipe. Shave the corn kernels from the cob, or make this salad with grilled corn.
How you can Make Spicy Corn Salad With Fritos
Prepare for the EASIEST salad you’ll ever make. I’d give a countdown from 10, however then you would have already got this salad prepped by then!
Mix: Aside from the Fritos (for now), toss all of the salad substances collectively in a big bowl.
Chill: Cowl and refrigerate for an hour, or longer if you happen to’d like. This lets all these spicy flavors mingle and develop.
Serve: Take your salad out of the fridge and stir within the crushed Fritos. Give the corn salad an additional garnish with cotija cheese, then serve straight away.
What did I let you know? Simple peasy.
Suggestions for Success
There isn’t a lot that may go mistaken when making this tremendous straightforward corn salad! However to ensure you get pleasure from this salad at its greatest, listed below are some suggestions to bear in mind:
- Serve Instantly: The Fritos will lose their crunch the longer the salad sits, and whereas the flavour continues to be wonderful, nothing beats this salad served contemporary with crunchy Fritos!
- Don’t Over-Crush the Fritos: I’ve discovered that the simplest strategy to calmly crush the Fritos is with a gallon freezer bag and a rolling pin. Alternatively, you’ll be able to squeeze the bag a few instances. Attempt to not crush the chips too positive, as you’ll wind up with powdery bits and smaller items that may flip soggy quicker.
- Modify the Warmth: There are methods you’ll be able to tone down the spice ranges of this salad for milder palates. One is to omit the jalapeños, one other is to make use of much less adobo sauce. You may also use plain Fritos as a substitute of the spicy chili cheese selection.
Listed below are simply a few of the some ways that you would be able to change up the flavors and substances of this spicy Frito salad:
- Completely different Chips: I take advantage of the chili cheese Fritos for my spicy salad, however you should use different varieties like plain Fritos or BBQ Fritos, and even corn chips if you happen to want.
- Completely different Cheese: You should utilize any number of Tex-Mex-style cheese on this recipe. Attempt cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, or Colby Jack instead of the cotija cheese.
- Add Beans: Be happy to toss in a can of black beans or pinto beans (rinsed) to make this corn salad further hearty.
- Extra Veggies: One of the best factor a couple of salad is that you should use up any veggies that is perhaps kicking round within the fridge. For this corn salad, I might suggest sticking to heartier greens that may maintain up within the dressing. Yellow bell peppers, chopped kale or cabbage, chopped asparagus, radishes, and carrots are good choices.
What Goes With Frito Corn Salad?
From Taco Evening to entertaining, there are numerous methods to show this straightforward salad right into a meal. Listed below are some recommendations for serve Frito salad:
Leftover Frito salad might be saved hermetic within the fridge. Keep in mind that the Frito items will change into soggy and lose their freshness over time, although. The flavors will nonetheless be superior, however the texture received’t rival Fritos which might be contemporary and crunchy!
For that reason, if you happen to plan to make this salad forward of time, or if you recognize you’re going to have leftovers, combine all of the salad substances collectively and depart off the Fritos till you’re able to serve.
Extra Foolproof Summer season Salads to Attempt
This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a straightforward summer season salad recipe loaded with candy corn, crisp veggies, chili warmth and zesty, creamy dressing. Completed off with the beneficiant crunch of tacky, spicy Fritos!
- 2 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 diced roasted purple peppers
- 1/3 cup diced inexperienced bell peppers
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon contemporary floor black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups coarsely crushed chili cheese Fritos
- In a big bowl mix all of the substances besides the Fritos Stir to mix.
- Cowl and refrigerate for at the very least an hour.
- When able to serve, combine within the crushed Fritos and stir. Prime with extra cotija cheese to garnish. Serve instantly.
Serve instantly, because the Fritos do lose their crunch because the salad sits. It’s going to nonetheless be good with the softer Fritos, however the crunchy Fritos are scrumptious and the perfect strategy to get pleasure from this salad!
Key phrases: mexican corn salad, summer season corn salad, summer season salad recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: