Gentle and refreshing, this Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca is simply the drink to maintain you cool all summer time lengthy. A simple drink recipe that takes lower than 10 minutes to make and is sweetened with agave nectar.
Straightforward Do-it-yourself Agua Fresca
In the case of gentle and refreshing non-alcoholic drinks within the summertime, agua frescas are a go-to for my household. We make all totally different variations primarily based on the contemporary fruit we have now available however this Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca is certainly a household favourite.
Strawberry and pineapple are a fruit combo that’s not paired collectively very often sufficient and I like the steadiness of flavors on this refreshing summer time drink. A splash of lime juice enhances the flavors and brights it up only a bit whereas the agave nectar provides simply the proper quantity of sweetness. (And, in fact, you possibly can utterly depart that out in order for you!)
That is certainly one of my favourite drinks for pool days and it’s continuously requested by youngsters and adults alike.
What Is An Agua Fresca?
Agua Fresca actually interprets to “contemporary (cool) water” in Spanish. They’re a preferred drink in Mexico and all through Latin America. They’re most frequently made with fruit blended with water after which strained so that you’re ingesting simply the water with out the pulp. Recent lime and a sweetener like agave nectar are often added as properly.
They’re a refreshing drink good for summertime.
Is Agua Fresca The Similar As Fruit Juice?
Agua fresca is just not the identical as fruit juice. A extra applicable description could be fruit water. Not like juices that comprise a lot of sweeteners and will be extra concentrated, agua frescas are usually simply contemporary fruit blended with water, lime juice, and a little bit of sweetener.
Agua frescas are literally an awesome different to sugary fruit juices and lemonades.
What You’ll Want
4 components are all that you must make this pineapple agua fresca.
- Pineapple – Roughly chopped into chunks.
- Agave nectar – My most well-liked sweetener. Regulate the quantity to your choice.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed lime juice is crucial.
Can I Use A Totally different Sweetener?
Honey, coconut sugar, and even granulated sugar or brown sugar will be added as a sweetener. I desire the flavour of agave nectar and it’s barely extra conventional as properly, and doesn’t give the drink a too sugary taste.
Tips on how to Make Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca
This refreshing summer time drink comes collectively in just some steps.
- Mix. Mix all the components with a cup of water in a blender till pureed with no chunks remaining.
- Pressure. Use a spoon or spatula to pour the juice by a strainer into the pitcher.
- Serve. Add the remaining water to the pitcher. Stir and revel in!
Agua frescas will be made with any variety of fruits. Listed here are just a few solutions:
- Any berries (blackberry is particularly refreshing!)
- Melon (watermelon, honeydew, canteloupe)
You can even add refreshing herbs like mint to the agua frescas and blend and match the fruits primarily based on what you like.
Serve your pineapple strawberry agua fresca chilled or over ice. I prefer to maintain the pitcher within the fridge till serving because it’s simply that rather more refreshing when served chilled.
Agua frescas are perfect for summer time potlucks, picnics, pool days, and get-togethers as they’re one drink your complete household can take pleasure in.
How Lengthy Will This Final?
Since this blended fruit water is made with contemporary fruit, it ought to be loved inside 24 hours or so. You may undoubtedly make it the night time earlier than or take pleasure in it the next day however don’t maintain it for longer than that.
Extra Refreshing Drinks:
Gentle and refreshing, this Pineapple Strawberry Agua Fresca is simply the drink to maintain you cool all summer time lengthy. This straightforward drink recipe takes lower than 10 minutes to make and is sweetened with agave nectar.
- 4 cups contemporary pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 cup contemporary strawberries
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- juice of 1 lime (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- Add pineapple, strawberries, 1 cup of water, agave nectar, and lime juice to a blender.
- Mix till pureed and there are not any extra chunks left.
- Pour juice by a strainer right into a pitcher. (it’s possible you’ll want to make use of a spoon or spatula to assist it by)
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of water to the pitcher. Stir to combine and serve!
- Serving Measurement: 6 oz.
- Energy: 67
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fats: 0 g
- Saturated Fats: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg
Key phrases: strawberry agua fresca, straightforward drink recipe, refreshing summer time drink