Who doesn’t have fond childhood reminiscences of being served a traditional Shirley Temple Drink on a enjoyable night time out with the household?
Candy grenadine blended with orange juice & Sprite is served over ice in a tall, skinny glass, with a maraschino cherry or two bobbing on the highest! Being a child by no means felt so grown-up!
What’s a Shirley Temple Drink?
I can keep in mind as a child how particular it was to get a Shirley Temple at dinner once we went out! Such an important deal with.
- Named after the well-known actress and little one star of the Nineteen Thirties, a resort bartender created a mocktail only for her as she dined along with her dad and mom. In the present day, it’s nonetheless a preferred drink served to children on particular events!
- Double or triple the recipe and pour Shirley Temples from a glass pitcher at Christmas events (or fill a punch bowl when you’d like).
- Maintain the non-alcoholic drink (‘clear model’) as is or add a jigger or two of vodka or rum for grown-up “Soiled Shirley Temple”. Let company garnish their very own.
- This Shirley Temple drink recipe could be made right into a ‘Roy Rogers’, merely swap out the ginger ale for coca cola (Coke) or grape juice.
Components & Variations
GRENADINE: The opposite components could range a bit, however grenadine, a pomegranate syrup, is the candy and colourful star of the present! No grenadine? No drawback! Substitute a number of the maraschino cherry juice or combine selfmade grenadine by combining 1/4 cup pomegranate juice with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
MIXERS: Select any carbonated mixer like ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, 7up, or Sprite, plus a splash of orange or pineapple juice. Optionally available additions embody a splash of contemporary lime juice or lemon juice.
GARNISHES: Fancy drinks want colourful decorations! Thinly sliced orange slices and maraschino cherries (with stems if yow will discover them!) are the unique touches for Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers drink! Lime wedges or a couple of frozen berries are additionally enjoyable to make use of!
How one can Make a Shirley Temple
This colourful drink is tremendous straightforward to make:
- Place ice in a small glass and fill with ginger ale or 7-Up.
- Add grenadine syrup and elective orange juice. Stir and serve.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and an orange slice. Serve with a colourful straw!
Ideas for the Greatest Mocktail (or Cocktail!)
- It’s straightforward to make selfmade mocktails! Chill glasses and all components earlier than making drinks (together with alcohol).
- Use crushed ice as a substitute of bigger ice cubes for a extra festive look.
- Make a DIY Shirley Temple station and let everybody make their very own!
Be the Bartender!
Did you make this Shirley Temple recipe? Make sure to depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
This shiny & fruity Shirley Temple is all the time a favourite. Youngsters and adults alike love this candy mocktail!
Energy: 182, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 1g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Sodium: 31mg, Potassium: 67mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 39g, Vitamin A: 57IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 9mg, Iron: 1mg
(Diet info supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Beverage, Drink