Sluggish cooker BBQ hen sluggish cooks to perfection in the very best candy and tangy do-it-yourself BBQ sauce. The hen is so tender and simply melts in your mouth with essentially the most superb taste!
Sluggish cooker meals are nice at the moment of yr as we transition into spring and summer time since you don’t need to warmth up your own home together with your oven! This pork roast, honey soy chicken, or these Pork Carnitas are some extra nice sluggish cooker meals to strive!
A Reader’s Assessment
Really easy to make and scrumptious!!
Sluggish Cooker BBQ Rooster
You guys!! That is significantly soften in your mouth GOOD! There have been so many “MMMM” and “AHHH” at our dinner desk that no different phrases have been spoken till midway via the meal. My boys and hubby have been in full heaven! I bought a number of giggles out of them as soon as they seen bbq sauce on one another’s lips and cheeks from going to city with the sandwich and never stopping. It was a kind of moments you giggle at and all the time need to bear in mind. My women have been having fun with it after which licking their fingers after each chew. Everybody was comfortable, and so was this mama!
It’s a easy recipe that we will’t get sufficient of! It makes sufficient to even have leftovers. The sauce is thick and flavorful! You combine all of it collectively in a single bowl, pour on prime of the chicken, after which let the sluggish cooker end the remaining. Your own home might be crammed with a candy bbq scent that’s mouth-watering in itself. That is one recipe that your loved ones might be begging for.
Components in Sluggish Cooker BBQ Rooster
This components record is straightforward and scrumptious. You most likely have already got most of these things in your kitchen. For those who do then it’s essential to make this for dinner tonight! See the recipe card on the backside of the publish for precise measurements.
- Rooster Breasts: Boneless, skinless hen breasts are precisely what you want for this recipe!
- Ketchup: The style and texture are excellent for this sauce.
- Molasses: It provides a pleasant taste.
- Brown Sugar: You already know me, I really like placing brown sugar in something that I can! This deep, candy taste is tough to overlook and is so good!
- Cider Vinegar: Including vinegar breaks down the feel of the molassas and in addition provides a slight tangy taste to the sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Nobody can each say this phrase appropriately however all of us have it in our homes! It mixes nicely with the ketchup.
- Seasonings: Smoked paprika, chili powder, onion powder, salt, and liquid smoke make the right mix of taste!
- Water and Cornstarch: These are used collectively to thicken the sauce.
How Do You Make Sluggish Cooker BBQ Rooster?
It solely takes about 10 minutes of prep, after which the remainder of the time, it’s simply cooking within the sluggish cooker! This recipe is so easy and straightforward it is going to be in your dinner rotation for years to come back!
- Combine Sauce: Add the hen to the underside of your sluggish cooker. Then, in a medium sized bowl, whisk collectively the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, salt and liquid smoke.
- Cook dinner and Shred: Pour the sauce on prime of the hen after which prepare dinner on low for 4-6 hours or excessive for 3-4 till hen is tender sufficient to shred. Shred the hen after which combine water with cornstarch. Add to the bbq sauce and let the sauce thicken up for about 30 extra minutes.
FAQs for Cooking Rooster
- How do you shred cooked hen? Take away from pot and let cool for a couple of minutes. As soon as the hen is cool sufficient to deal with then use two forks and pull breasts aside. If you need smaller items of shredded hen, you may shred the bigger chunks together with your palms.
- Are you able to OVER prepare dinner hen within the sluggish cooker? As a result of cooking something actually lean for a very long time can lead to tremendous dry meat, you continue to need to watch out even with a sluggish cooker. Rooster breasts have little fats and little connective subject. The identical goes for a lean beef roast. You are able to do hen breasts in a crock pot – simply not all day, extra like a number of hours on low.
- Can you set frozen hen within the sluggish cooker? Sure! Simply add one other hour onto the cooking time in case you are utilizing frozen hen.
- How do I defrost hen correctly? You’ll want to vary the water each half-hour to make sure that it stays sufficiently chilly. Utilizing this thawing methodology, small packages of frozen meat or poultry (a few pound) can defrost in a single hour or much less. For bigger gadgets, it’s best to estimate about half-hour of defrosting time per pound of meals.
Can You Freeze BBQ Rooster?
Sure! We wish to shred the hen as an alternative of leaving it in entire items as a result of the smaller items thaw extra rapidly. We freeze the shredded hen in a single cup parts and label the bundle. This can freeze nicely as much as 3 months.
Add the hen to the underside of your sluggish cooker. In a medium sized bowl, whisk collectively the ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, salt and liquid smoke.
Pour the sauce on prime of the hen and prepare dinner on low for 4-6 hours or excessive for 3-4 till hen is tender sufficient to shred. Shred the hen and blend water with cornstarch. Add to the bbq sauce and let the sauce thicken up for about 30 extra minutes.
Up to date on March 18, 2022
Energy412kcal (21%)Carbohydrates39g (13%)Protein49g (98%)Fats6g (9%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats2gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol145mg (48%)Sodium877mg (37%)Potassium1287mg (37%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar35g (39%)Vitamin A538IU (11%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium73mg (7%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.