This straightforward grilled lemon hen recipe simply requires just a few substances and grills up in just some minutes! It’s tender and juicy and full of a number of contemporary flavors!
Firing up the grill is likely one of the greatest elements of the summer time as a result of it means it’s time for some new recipes! Check out a few of my different grilling favorites like this shrimp, these vegetables or this delicious steak!
Grilled Lemon Hen Recipe
I’m an enormous fan of all issues which are grilled as a result of it means is heat outdoors and BBQ season is right here! We love cooking on our grill not solely as a result of it’s straightforward clear up however we love switching up our meals with the seasons. I like absolutely anything on the grill and this grilled hen recipe isn’t any exception. Infused with contemporary and vivid flavors, this hen tastes insanely scrumptious.
Don’t fear about your hen being dry with this recipe as a result of your finish result’s tender and juicy hen. The flavors seep into the hen via the marinade after which cooking it on the grill seals the entire juice in. Serve this with a scrumptious salad, veggies and a few fruit and you’ll be coming again to this again and again throughout grilling season!
Components in Grilled Lemon Hen
Fortunate for you, this recipe solely takes just a few easy substances. When you whip up the marinade and let your hen sit for a couple of minutes then you’re in your option to hen that’s grilled to perfection! Try the recipe card on the backside of the publish for precise measurements.
- Hen Breasts: You can too use hen thighs in case you choose darkish meat as a substitute. I exploit boneless and skinless hen.
- Olive Oil: This would be the base of the marinade.
- Garlic Powder: I like all issues garlic and this goes so properly with the lemon.
- Onion Powder: The onion powder brings a number of taste to the marinade.
- Italian Seasoning: I like to make use of my homemade Italian seasoning however you should purchase some from the shop too. All the spices together with thyme, rosemary and oregano pair so properly collectively!
- Lemon: I all the time like to make use of contemporary lemon juice every time I can. You utilize the lemon juice on this recipe however you too can add in some additional lemon zest for some extra taste!
- Salt and Black Pepper: These will improve the entire flavors within the marinade.
Make Grilled Lemon Hen
This grilled lemon hen is straightforward to make and packs an enormous punch of taste! Put aside 40 minutes (that features the time the hen is within the marinade!) and you’ll be consuming a scrumptious meal outdoors very quickly!
- Mix: In a medium-sized bowl add the hen, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and juice from one lemon.
- Marinate: Marinate for half-hour. Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Grill the hen: Grill hen for 3-4 minutes on all sides. Squeeze contemporary lemon over the hen and garnish with lemon slices. Serve heat. Take pleasure in!
Listed below are just a few recommendations on the right way to grill your lemon hen in order that it’s juicy and cooked to perfection!
- Clear the Grill: Sure, you want a clear grill earlier than beginning. Warmth up the grill after which clear it off utilizing a brush or a grill cleaning spray.
- If the meat sticks: Strive to not transfer your meat round on the grill too typically. It’s best to go away the meat cooking in a single place after which flip it over to complete cooking it via. If the meat is sticking to the grill then go away it and it’ll unstick after it’s completed cooking.
- Don’t squish the meat: When grilling it’s tempting to put the spatula on prime of the meat and squeeze it right down to see all of the juices run out. Don’t! That is all of the fats and juiciness that you simply want for taste and cooking.
- Let it relaxation: Be affected person and let the meat relaxation earlier than slicing into it. This can assist the meat maintain tight to all of the juiciness within the meat.
- Test the temperature: Use a meat thermometer to verify the inner temperature of the hen earlier than you eat it. Hen is completed when it reaches 165 levels Fahrenheit.
If in case you have leftovers of this grilled lemon hen, it’s tremendous straightforward to retailer and have for later! Place your cooked hen in an hermetic container (or wrap it in aluminum foil) and put it in your fridge. This hen will final for 3-4 days.
In a medium sized bowl add the hen, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and juice from one lemon.
Marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. Squeeze fresh lemon over the chicken and garnish with lemon slices. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Updated on June 7, 2022
Calories384kcal (19%)Carbohydrates2g (1%)Protein48g (96%)Fat19g (29%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat2gMonounsaturated Fat12gTrans Fat1gCholesterol145mg (48%)Sodium264mg (11%)Potassium866mg (25%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A89IU (2%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium34mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.