These Fudgy Greek Yogurt Path Combine Brownies are subsequent degree. They’re the right uber chocolatey, gooey, crunchy dessert to take to your subsequent potluck, picnic, bake sale or barbecue.
I initially shared this recipe on June 14, 2013. I’ve up to date the photographs and a few of the textual content at the moment.
It’s formally brownie season! That’s proper. The season while you really feel like each time you allow the home you could have a plate of brownies in your hand to take to a fund-raiser, finish of faculty potluck, commencement, celebration… I might maintain going.
Within the nice brownie debate there are two camps. Fudgy or cakey? My thought is that if I needed cakey, then I might bake a cake. Once I need brownies fudgy is the one technique to go.
The extreme wealthy chocolate taste and that gooey and dense but moist texture sends me to the moon.
And for good measure I added slightly Greek yogurt to make them more healthy and topped them off with a layer of crunchy chewy path combine. This recipe is a win-win!
How you can make fudgy brownies
- Add extra chocolate (I added bittersweet chocolate AND slightly cocoa powder) and butter (I subbed in slightly Greek yogurt to lighten them up a bit).
- Use much less flour to provide the brownies a extra dense, moist and fudge-like texture.
- Stir the components till simply mixed. Don’t over combine or whip. You don’t wish to add an excessive amount of air to the batter.
- Bake till the middle is puffed and simply barely set. Don’t over bake. Higher to be slightly underdone than overdone within the brownie world.
Extra scrumptious desserts
Have you ever heard of Edible Cookie Dough? It’s a factor!!
maple walnut cookie bars with raisins
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies made with Greek Yogurt and topped with path combine. Solely 152 energy every!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup path combine, or nuts and combined dried fruit, chopped if giant
- Warmth oven to 350 levels F. Coat a 9 by 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Soften butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low warmth, stirring till melted and clean. Add chocolate and sugar, cook dinner, stirring till mixed. Notice: the sugar will nonetheless be granular.
- Scrape into a big bowl.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Regularly whisk Greek yogurt into the chocolate combination. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour combination to the chocolate combination and blend totally with a silicone spatula.
- Scrape brownie batter into the ready baking dish and unfold. Scatter path combine excessive of the batter. Bake till the middle is puffed barely and set, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool brownies within the baking pan till room temperature, about 1 hour. Soften and drizzle the remaining chocolate over the cooled brownies if desired.
- Serving Dimension: 1 brownie
- Energy: 152
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fats: 8 g
- Saturated Fats: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g