This recipe for a cranberry Breakfast Bread Pudding an in a single day recipe good for any vacation or weekend!
A simple in a single day breakfast bread pudding (French toast casserole) with cream cheese, recent tart cranberry taste, and an eggnog infused custard.
Christmas breakfast traditions begin right here! Who wouldn’t need to get up on Christmas morning to a aromatic and scrumptious sizzling breakfast casserole made with eggnog, recent cranberries, and cinnamon?
Straightforward Breakfast Casserole
A breakfast bread pudding is much like a breakfast strata or a French toast casserole.
- This breakfast bread pudding is the proper make-ahead meal for cooks that wish to sleep in too.
- Swap out the recent cranberries and burn up your leftover cranberry sauce!
- This can be a favourite breakfast all 12 months lengthy and an particularly nice Christmas breakfast thought.
- That is nice for holidays, weekends, and visitors because it must be made forward of time and refrigerated in a single day.
Received additional cranberries? Right here’s some extra cranberry recipe inspo!
Elements in Breakfast Bread Pudding
CRANBERRY MIXTURE Select complete cranberries with out bruises. Frozen cranberries will work advantageous. Add a handful of recent or frozen blueberries for an additional pop of coloration and taste! Brief on time? Use leftover cranberry sauce.
EGGNOG (or Milk) BATTER Eggnog is combined with eggs to carry all of it collectively (very like the custard in a breakfast strata)! If you happen to don’t have eggnog, milk and/or mild cream work simply as properly. Add a pinch of nutmeg and even pumpkin pie spice.
BREAD Make bread cubes the straightforward method by stacking 4 slices at a time and chopping them into strips after which cubes. Attempt brioche or challah for a distinct taste & texture.
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE Cloves, cinnamon, orange zest, sugar, and cream cheese add a wealthy yummy taste!
Tips on how to Make Cranberry Bread Pudding
This can be a zest cranberry-studded eggnog-spiced French toast cassrole. All of our favourite Christmas flavors are on this dish!
- Simmer cranberries with juice and sugar per the recipe under. Mix the cream cheese combination in a separate bowl.
- Place half the bread cubes in a dish and canopy with dollops of the cream cheese & cranberry mixtures.
- Whisk eggnogs and egg & pour over casserole. Cowl & refrigerate in a single day.
- Bake as directed & serve sizzling.
PRO TIP: For an particularly decadent wanting French Toast Bake, garnish every serving with these tasty Sugared Cranberries.
Ideas for the Finest Bread Pudding
- For the fluffiest casseroles, all the time use massive eggs.
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature earlier than utilizing and it’ll mix simpler and quicker in any recipe.
- Keep away from utilizing heavier breads like complete wheat as they may soak up an excessive amount of batter and make the casserole too dense.
- Preserve leftover casserole within the fridge for as much as 3 days, reheat within the oven till heated via.
Extra Christmas Breakfast Concepts
Did your loved ones love this Cranberry Breakfast Casserole? Make sure to depart a score and a remark under!
Cranberry Breakfast Bread Pudding
This deliciously candy and tart Cranberry Breakfast Casserole is the proper make-ahead recipe for the vacations!
Cranberry Combination (or use 1 1/2 cups leftover cranberry sauce)
Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer half of the bread cubes within the dish. Prime with dollops of the cream cheese combination and the cranberry sauce. Place remaining bread on prime.
Whisk eggs, eggnog, sugar, and vanilla till properly combined. Pour over the bread cubes, cowl with foil and refrigerate at the least 4 hours or in a single day.
Take away the casserole from the fridge about 45-60 minutes earlier than baking. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Bake lined for half-hour then uncover and bake for a further half-hour or till a knife inserted within the heart comes out clear and is sizzling. Garnish with mint and sugared cranberries if desired.
Leftover cranberry sauce can be utilized rather than the cranberry combination above. Ready cranberry sauce tends to be a bit sweeter.
Eggnog may be changed with milk or a combination of milk and cream.
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- ½ teaspoon butter, softened
Leftovers may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat within the oven or within the microwave till heated via.
Energy: 480, Carbohydrates: 59g, Protein: 17g, Fats: 20g, Saturated Fats: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 6g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 314mg, Sodium: 408mg, Potassium: 393mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 38g, Vitamin A: 954IU, Vitamin C: 22mg, Calcium: 265mg, Iron: 3mg
(Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Breakfast, Casserole