Juicy hen is coated in lemon pepper seasoning and baked to tender perfection on this simple recipe. The brown butter garlic lemon sauce on prime is completely unbelievable!
Lemon pepper is considered one of my favourite seasoning combos as a result of it’s each savory and zesty! Yow will discover it in a few of my different favourite recipes like these wings, pan-seared salmon, and grilled chicken!
Brown Butter Lemon Pepper Hen Recipe
Spring is right here so I like to interrupt out all of my lemon recipes to welcome within the hotter temperatures! Truly, I really like lemon all yr spherical however I prefer to reap the benefits of it whereas it’s standard. Lemon pepper is considered one of my favourite seasonings to make use of and is very easy to make at home! It actually takes this hen dish to an entire completely different and scrumptious degree.
This recipe is very easy to make however so spectacular! I bake the hen within the oven after which broil the tops to allow them to get that good crisp edge and tender and juicy heart. It tastes completely wonderful. It’s savory, it’s zesty, and has probably the most wonderful texture! This lemon pepper hen with brown butter garlic lemon sauce is every little thing you may need from a spring dinner. Serve it with some recent veggies like this good steamed asparagus and a aspect of brown rice for a hearty dinner your loved ones gained’t overlook!
Baked Lemon Pepper Hen Substances
It solely takes a handful of straightforward elements to make this wonderful brown butter lemon pepper hen. It’s full of a lot taste, it’s the sort of meal the entire household will go loopy over! All measurements will be discovered within the recipe card beneath.
- Hen: I used hen thighs as a result of they’re good and juicy, however hen breasts may also work!
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning: That is what’s going to give your hen its good taste, so that you don’t need to skimp when including it! You should purchase this premade or make it at home for a extra personalized mix.
- Olive Oil: Used for searing the hen in.
- Butter: You need to use salted or unsalted butter right here! This acts as the bottom of the scrumptious sauce.
- Hen Broth: Provides a lift of taste and helps skinny out the sauce.
- Minced Garlic: As a result of nothing enhances lemon fairly in addition to savory garlic! It’s a match made in heaven.
- Lemon Juice: This may be recent lemon juice or bottled, it simply provides a pop of zestiness to your brown butter sauce. Observe: in the event you’re utilizing recent lemon juice, save your rinds for a little bit of lemon zest for garnish on the finish!
Find out how to Make It
Proper earlier than the hen was completed, I made the wonderful brown butter garlic lemon sauce. Holy yum! The brown butter is only one additional step and is completely wonderful. The entire flavors within the sauce got here collectively so effectively and it was the right completion to the lemon hen.
- Preheat Oven, Sear Hen: First, preheat your oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Season the hen thighs with lemon pepper seasoning. Add olive oil to a medium-sized skillet. Sear the hen on all sides for 2-3 minutes till all sides is golden brown. Take away and put aside on a plate.
- Put together Brown Butter Sauce: Soften the butter within the skillet and cook dinner over medium-high warmth. Proceed to whisk for a couple of minutes till the butter begins to develop into frothy and brown. Add within the hen broth, garlic, and juice of 1 lemon. Add the hen thighs to the skillet and coat within the lemon butter sauce.
- Bake: Subsequent, bake within the oven for 20 minutes or till hen is cooked all through and now not pink.
Suggestions and Methods for Making the Greatest Lemon Butter Hen
Brown butter lemon pepper hen is a fast and straightforward recipe that is stuffed with such scrumptious taste! It’s one that you will love! Listed below are a couple of methods to ensure it seems completely each time.
- Examine Temperature: To maintain your hen from overcooking and turning into dry, use a thermometer to test inner temperature. As soon as your hen reaches 165 levels F internally, it’s able to eat!
- Make Sauce Thicker: If you need your sauce to be extra like a glaze, combine a tablespoon of flour along with chilly water to create a thickening agent, then stir it into your sauce.
- Make Sauce Creamier: If you need your sauce to be richer, add a tablespoon of heavy cream in at a time till you attain your required consistency.
- Serve With: The flavors of this dish pair effectively with so many various sides! Mashed potatoes, green beans, noodles, white rice, and cauliflower steaks are only a few of my favorites. A green salad can be nice for contrasting flavors.
Lemon pepper hen with brown butter lemon garlic sauce is nice for leftovers! You’re going to like having it for a fast lunch.
- Within the Fridge: You’ll need to retailer each your hen and sauce within the fridge in hermetic containers. The lemon pepper hen will final for 3-4 days and your brown butter sauce will final for as much as 1 week.
- Reheating: I prefer to reheat my hen and sauce over the range on medium warmth till warmed by. As soon as your hen has reached an inner temperature of 165 levels, it’s able to eat!
Preheat oven to 375 levels. Season the hen thighs with the lemon pepper seasoning. Add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Sear the hen on all sides for 2-3 minutes till all sides is golden brown. Take away and put aside on a plate.
Add the butter and cook dinner over medium excessive warmth. Proceed to whisk for a couple of minutes till the butter begins to develop into frothy and brown. Add within the hen broth, garlic, and juice of 1 lemon. Add the hen thighs to the skillet and coat within the sauce.
Bake within the oven for 20 minutes or till hen is cooked all through and now not pink.
Up to date April 28, 2022
Energy115kcal (6%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein1g (2%)Fats12g (18%)Saturated Fats7g (35%)Ldl cholesterol31mg (10%)Sodium210mg (9%)Potassium63mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A371IU (7%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium19mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third occasion calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.