Caramel hen is an incredible 30-minute meal that you simply received’t be capable to get sufficient of! The hen is glazed in one of the best candy and tangy Asian sauce and is even choosy eater-approved!
Saucy Asian Caramel Rooster Recipe
How do I even start to explain the amazingness of this meal? The sauce. Oh my goodness. It’s a candy caramelized teriyaki glaze. To not point out, the hen is cooked within the skillet to juicy, tenderized perfection. The skillet gave it the right golden-brown crust alongside the surface. It is a one-pot recipe you’ll need to make time and again! My children are all the time asking for it, and for good cause! It’s onerous to withstand one thing so saucy and bursting with taste.
However the sauce. OMG the sauce. It thickened up identical to you’d get in a restaurant and coated the hen completely. Like caramel! No want for cornstarch on this one, it’s completely thick and scrumptious by itself! It is likely one of the finest sauces that I’ve made. You guys have to do this recipe. Like proper now. The entire household goes to find it irresistible! And in the event you’re needing inspiration for extra scrumptious Asian meals that whip up in minutes, discover my full record here!
All the pieces You Have to Make It
That is my go-to for busy weeknights. (Or once I’m feeling lazy!) It makes use of so many easy substances and is past simple to throw collectively! Belief me, although, with how insanely good this caramel hen is, nobody will ever suspect it took lower than half-hour to make! You’ll find extra 30-minute meals here. Notice: measurements for the entire substances beneath will be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of the submit.
- Rooster Thighs: I used boneless hen thighs!
- Vegetable Oil: Used for cooking the hen in.
- Garlic Cloves: As a result of what would a saucy dish be with out a punch of tasty garlic??
- Water: Adjusts the consistency of the sauce.
- Gentle Brown Sugar: Don’t be scared in regards to the sugar within the recipe. It isn’t too candy. The vinegar and soy sauce provides it the right steadiness!
- Rice Vinegar: Rice vinegar provides a tasty trace of tangy taste.
- Rooster Broth: I used low-sodium hen broth right here.
- Soy Sauce: I used reduced-sodium soy sauce right here as properly to maintain issues on the more healthy facet.
- Scallions: Add a pop of taste and are nice for utilizing as garnish!
Let’s Make Caramel Rooster!
Solely 5 easy steps are wanted to make this saucy caramel hen! You’re going to like the way it seems. It has a lot taste and tastes better than takeout!
- Sear Rooster: In a big skillet, warmth oil over medium-high warmth, season hen with salt and cook dinner till golden brown on either side. It ought to be crisp and cooked by. Switch to a plate and put aside.
- Saute Garlic: Add garlic cloves to skillet till golden brown about 2 minutes. Switch to the plate of hen.
- Put together Sauce: Return pot to medium-high warmth and thoroughly pour ½ cup of water scraping down the browned bits. Whisk within the brown sugar till dissolved. Then cook dinner till combination turns a deep amber colour. (About 4 minutes.) Rigorously add vinegar and stir to dissolve.
- Add in Remaining Elements: Add garlic, broth, and soy sauce. Deliver cooking liquid to a boil and whisk sometimes. This takes about 10 minutes. Be affected person. The sauce will thicken and glaze the hen fantastically.
- Serve: As soon as glaze is prepared, flip warmth to medium-low and return hen to the pan till heated by. Serve over rice and garnish with scallions or inexperienced onions if desired.
Suggestions and Variations
This caramel Asian hen is truthfully top-of-the-line saucy dishes I’ve had. It’s really easy and scrumptious! My household is all the time over the moon when it’s on the lineup for dinner. Listed here are just a few ideas and variations on making it as tasty as potential!
- Verify Inside Temperatures: All the time guarantee that your hen has an inside temperature of 165 levels F earlier than serving. It is a good indication of when to cease. In case you preserve cooking previous this level, your hen might turn into dry.
- Add Spice: Searching for extra warmth? Be happy so as to add a tablespoon of chili flakes or sriracha at a time till you attain your required taste.
The beauty of dishes like that is that they make superb leftovers. You possibly can reheat it the subsequent day over a bowl of rice and it’ll style simply nearly as good!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer your caramel hen in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
- Reheating: For a fast and straightforward meal, you may reheat your hen within the microwave in 30-second intervals till warmed by. I additionally wish to reheat over the range to maintain my hen from getting soggy. Be certain your hen has an inside temperature of 165 levels F earlier than serving. Get pleasure from!
In a big skillet warmth oil over medium excessive warmth. Season hen with salt and cook dinner till golden brown on either side till crisp and cooked by. Switch to a plate and put aside.
Add garlic cloves to skillet till golden brown about 2 minutes. Switch to the plate of hen.
Return pot to medium excessive warmth and thoroughly pour ½ cup of water scraping down the browned bits. Whisk within the brown sugar till dissolved. Then cook dinner till combination turns a deep amber colour. About 4 minutes. Rigorously add vinegar and stir to dissolve.
Add garlic, broth and soy sauce. Deliver cooking liquid to a boil and whisk sometimes. This takes about 10 minutes. Be affected person. The sauce will thicken and glaze the hen fantastically.
As soon as glaze is prepared, flip warmth to medium low and return hen to pan till heated by. Serve over rice and garnish with scallions or inexperienced onions if desired.
Recipe up to date April 1, 2022
Energy422kcal (21%)Carbohydrates23g (8%)Protein51g (102%)Fats13g (20%)Saturated Fats7g (35%)Ldl cholesterol145mg (48%)Sodium821mg (34%)Potassium995mg (28%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar18g (20%)Vitamin A128IU (3%)Vitamin C6mg (7%)Calcium44mg (4%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.