These tender cabbage steaks are so juicy and flavorful! Every chunk is seasoned to perfection with soy sauce, chili powder, paprika, crimson pepper flakes, and a splash of lemon!
Who mentioned consuming extra greens was a foul factor? You’re going to like my cauliflower steak, steamed asparagus, and sauteed brussels sprouts recipes! They’re so scrumptious, you’ll neglect you’re maintaining a healthy diet.
Straightforward Roasted Cabbage Steaks Recipe
I’ve been on a little bit little bit of a cabbage kick not too long ago. Sausage and cabbage and stuffed cabbage soup have been frequenting the dinner lineup at our home. I simply love how versatile cabbage is! It absorbs taste so nicely and is so tender and scrumptious! Positively in my high 3 favourite greens. I posted a recipe for cauliflower steaks a number of months again, amazed at how easy seasonings and some minutes of roasting can rework greens! I made a decision to do this methodology out with thick-cut slices of cabbage, and let me inform you- cabbage steaks are a must-try.
You possibly can actually eat these as-is, they’re so satisfying! In addition they work nice as a hearty facet dish. To get the right mouthwatering taste, all you’ve received to do is combine up soy sauce with a number of spices and throw your steaks within the oven! Every time I’ve made these cabbage steaks, they’ve turned out deliciously. I at all times wish to eat them straight out of the oven. They scent wonderful and have the perfect texture. You’ll actually neglect you’re solely consuming greens! Even the carnivores in your loved ones will get pleasure from them, I promise!
Every thing You’ll Have to Make Them
No journey to the grocery retailer is required right here, only a journey to your spice rack! These cabbage steaks come along with the most straightforward components. Yow will discover measurements for every ingredient beneath within the recipe card!
- Cabbage: Select a pair heads of cabbage which might be vivid in shade, agency, and with none brown spots or blemishes! They’re the star of the present, in any case.
- Soy Sauce: That is the inspiration of your marinade. It helps to tenderize the cabbage steaks and add savory taste. Kikkoman is at all times my go-to!
- Olive Oil: Slightly olive oil helps seasonings and spices to stay.
- Lemon Juice: You possibly can’t go fallacious with a little bit little bit of zest!
- Honey: Balances out flavors and creates the right glaze texture.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika is the perfect. It’s so wealthy and savory!
- Chili Powder: Provides a vivid splash of warmth to your greens.
- Crushed Pink Pepper Flakes: When added carefully, crimson pepper flakes give roasted greens a touch of heat spice. Should you’re seeking to flip up the warmth, add extra to style!
- Salt and Pepper: Each will improve your steaks’ total taste.
Tips on how to Make Cabbage Steaks in Oven
4 easy steps is all it takes! These yummy cabbage steaks solely require a couple of minutes of prep after which it’s hands-off as soon as they go within the oven! Ready is the toughest half.
- Preheat Oven, Lower Cabbage: First, preheat oven to 425 levels F. Lower cabbage in 1 inch slices making 4-5 small disks.
- Put together Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk collectively soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, chili powder, crimson pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Baste: Lay the cabbage disks on a baking sheet and baste the sauce on generously.
- Bake and Serve: Subsequent, bake for 20-25 minutes or till the cabbage is tender and crispy on the skin.
Ideas and Variations
Listed below are a number of methods to change up and excellent your cabbage steaks! Since cabbage takes the flavour of no matter you prepare dinner it with, these steaks are tremendous simple to customise with all your favourite flavors. You’re going to like how they prove!
- Make it Vegan: You possibly can simply make this recipe vegan by swapping out the honey for maple syrup!
- Use Purple Cabbage: Use purple cabbage for a extra colourful model of this dish! Moreover, purple cabbage has 10x the vitamin A of normal cabbage, making it a more healthy alternative.
- Swap Up Taste: As a substitute of soy sauce and spices, I generally wish to make a zestier model of those by combining melted butter with lemon pepper seasoning. Cajun spices style nice in its place, too!
- Serve With: Cabbage steaks are nice eaten on their very own, but in addition accompany meat dishes rather well. Pork tenderloin and garlic roasted chicken are a few of my favorites. For a extra conventional pairing, serve your steaks alongside corned beef!
Storing Leftover Roasted Cabbage
Cabbage steaks are nice for storing and reheating! Pop them within the oven they usually’ll style simply nearly as good as while you first made them.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer cabbage steaks in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
- Within the Freezer: In an hermetic container, your cabbage steaks will final for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: To maintain your leftover cabbage from getting soggy, I at all times wish to reheat it within the oven. Pop your steaks within the oven for 4-5 minutes at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Lower cabbage in 1 inch slices making 4-5 small disks.
In a small bowl whisk collectively soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, chili powder, crimson pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
Lay the cabbage disks on a baking sheet and baste the sauce on generously.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or till the cabbage is tender and crispy on the skin.
Energy219kcal (11%)Carbohydrates37g (12%)Protein7g (14%)Fats8g (12%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats5gSodium899mg (37%)Potassium831mg (24%)Fiber12g (48%)Sugar24g (27%)Vitamin A803IU (16%)Vitamin C168mg (204%)Calcium188mg (19%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.